- 6 x 225g lamb backstrap
- 5 red capsicums, cut into 3cm pieces
- 5 green spring onions, cut into 5cm lengths
- 1 tblsp ginger stir-in paste
- 2 tblsps sesame seeds, toasted
- Extra diagonally sliced green spring onions, to garnish
- Steamed long grain rice, to serve
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tblsps Chinese cooking wine
- 2 tblsps oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1⁄4 tsp ground white pepper
1 To make sauce, combine all ingredients in small saucepan over a medium to high heat. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened and glossy.
2 Heat a large, oiled barbecue at plate over a medium heat. Add lamb. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Remove. Rest, loosely covered with foil for 5 minutes. Thickly slice.
3 Combine capsicums, onions and ginger in a large bowl. Add to same, hot at plate. Cook for about 3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until tender. Remove.
4 Arrange vegetables on a serving plate. Top with lamb. Pour over sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Garnish with onions. Serve with rice.