- 150 g dried linguine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 500 g clams , scrubbed, from sustainable sources
- olive oil
- 1 pinch of dried red chilli flakes
- 125 ml dry white wine
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the garlic, then pick and finely chop the parsley (stalks and Sort through the clams, giving any that aren’t tightly closed a tap. If they don’t close, throw them away.
- When the pasta has 5 minutes to go, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat, add the garlic and chilli flakes, and fry for 1 minute, or until lightly golden.
- Throw in the clams, give the pan a good a shake, then after 30 seconds add the wine and pop the lid on.
- After 3 or 4 minutes, the clams will start to open – keep shaking the pan until they’ve all opened, then remove from the heat, and discard any clams that remain closed.
- Using tongs, drag the pasta straight into the pan of clams, then simmer for a minute or two in all the delicious juices.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed, then add the parsley and good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and toss together. Delicious served with a glass of chilled white wine.